Girl, in progress

I was always a self-starter, motivator and enthusiast. Why am I not famous yet? Why haven’t I started a multi-billion dollar business? Instagram famous? Nope, not even that. Honestly I’m quite shy and soft spoken. Often times I’m told I’m a pushover. I’m too nice. Well you know what they say: nice guys (and girls) finish last. I’m always putting others need before myself. It comes with the territory of becoming a parent, your kid always comes first.


The United States homes some of the most greedy, selfish, bulldogs that get all the fame and glory. Woop de do. I guess you can say that I’m sort of impatient because I want 4 years of RN experience in critical care, a nice house with a gigantic yard, a Lexus and a whole bunch of bragging rights at 23 years old.

The typical American dream fantasy. Being broke ain’t no joke. Sometimes I daydream I’m a California girl with rich parents and an unlimited limit on my credit card. Going shopping and driving down sunset boulevard in my new 2035 droptop corvette. A girl can dream. I just want to make a positive difference. I want my face to be in your kids textbooks. I want to make history. I want to be rich dammit!

We are all so focused on our own lives that everything else is just background noise. Your car got stolen? Too bad. You lost your job? Tough shit. A lot of times I find myself online “window shopping”. Playing make-believe as type in embroidery letters for a lab coat online . “Stainah Bogus FNP ”. For those that don't know, that's Family Nurse Practitioner.  That’s what I hope to be one day. Either a pediatrician or women’s health. I’ve even thought about being a midwife, I love babies and the entire pregnancy process. I need to stop being so impatient. I'm a girl in progress and that's okay.


To all the woman with unplanned children at an early age, the world hasn’t stopped for you when it started for your baby. It just slowed down.

To all the men that don't know what they want out of life or just feel "stuck". You will find your calling.

To all the 20 and 30 somethings who don't have their shit together, your not alone. Remember that. Everybody moves through life at their own pace, don't let society's ridiculous expectations rush you.

Your a girl in progress.

Bon voyage. xoxo gossip girl

Comments

Popular Posts